Forde was established in 2008 as a new suburb in the growing Gungahlin Town Centre. It sits to the east of Horse Park Drive from Amaroo and Gungahlin. Its close proximity to Mulligans Flat Nature reserve and the Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary make it an attractive place for families and those who love the outdoors.
Forde is named after the Australian Prime Minister – The Right Honourable Francis Michael Forde, who infamously became the shortest serving Prime Minister after the death of Prime Minister John Curtin in office during World War II. Forde was Prime Minister for 8 days before a ballot was taken and Ben Chiefly was elected. This is the inspiration for the beer on tap at Frankies At Forde, in the Forde Shops.
Please view the Forde Wikipedia page for further information.
- 2.3km from Gungahlin Town Centre
- 15km from Canberra CBD
- 42 hectares of green space
- 13 community parks
- 20km of hike and bike trails
- Direct access to Mulligans Flat Nature Reserve
- All homes within 200m of parkland and a five minute walk to the Village Centre
More About Forde